[Zope] Best practice in Zope-hosting?

Steen Suder, privat steen at suder.dk
Mon Jan 26 14:39:53 EST 2004

I'd like to setup a small Zope-hosting operation.

Using basically "zopectl --init", an additional vhost.conf-file (for
every domain) for Apache and a few other things I'm able to setup a new
Zope-instance for whatever I or a customer needs. The setup is Apache +
mod_fastcgi in front of the Zope instance.

Now, after successfully making it work as intended, I have second
thoughts as to if not this method is overkill for most people. That is:
having a separate Zope instance for each customer.

I still intend to use FastCGI, but I think most users will be happy of
just having a folder in a Zope instance and then have vhost access
through a vhost in Apache and the additional HostMonster (or similar
technique). Do you agree?

Which way of "offering Zope" to customers seems to be considered best
practice?

--
Mvh. / Best regards,
Steen Suder		<http://www.suder.dk/>