[Zope] FTP Malarky with Gibberish Users

Edward Pollard pollej at uleth.ca
Mon Jan 26 19:10:13 EST 2004

Hello all,

I'm seeking to improve the security of my website. Content is
maintained using Dreamweaver via FTP. Authentication is with
LDAPUserFolder 2.3.

I've never been able to get medusa to disallow anonymous/gibberish
logins. Please tell me someone knows how to do this. I'd like users who
type in passwords incorrectly to be denied access, not stuck in "No
Priviledges Land - Population 1".

Those people without passwords and usernames should be denied access
entirely, not be allowed to flood my server with commands that are, of
course, denied. It's really obnoxious to have to service those that
would do this, rather than deny them outright.

I'm game for some monkey patches, if so required.

Zope 2.6.2, for those that would ask.

Thanks in advance,

Edward