[Zope] non-persistent publishable objects

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 04:38:14 EST 2004

nwingfield at che-llp.com wrote:

> How is Globals.InitializeClass(...) different from registering a class
> within __init__.py?

registering a class makes it available to add through ZMI, etc, probably not
important if it's not persistent.

initializing it "turns on" any security declarations you have made about that
class in the code, which you probably DO want to do.

> You also used a meta_type attribute.  Do you know if this is necessary?

Probably not, unless the class is persistent.

> Furthermore, do you think it is possible to store local roles in my
> relational tables to feed Zope's security machinery?  That would be too
> cool!

Have a look at LDAPUserFolder, particularly the satellite roles thing, you may
be able to do something similar...

FWIW, I'd like to add that ability to SimpleUserFolder at some point :-)

cheers,

Chris