[Zope] Apache mod_cgi WebDAV patch

Barbara Langmueller barbara at system.at
Wed Jan 28 05:34:13 EST 2004

At 04:21 PM 1/19/2004 -0600, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
>Barbara Langmueller wrote:
>>> following

>>> error:

>>Is there any other way to debug the problem?
>
>Can you get to Zope via normal HTTP (a browser) on port 8080?
>
>If so, it may be that the WebDAV server isn't running. Check your Zope
>startup logs or run it on the command console to make sure that WebDAV is
>started and that it's bound to the port you thing it is. The last enties
>in the log Zope prints on startup will tell you what and where various
>services are running.
>
>If not, this seems to indicate that there is something intercepting
>requests to these ports, and I doubt it's Apache. Are you sure there's no
>packet filter or firewall in between you and Zope?

There is no firewall or filter between me and Zope, both boxes are within
the LAN
(Zope on 192.168.57.13 and I'm on 192.168.57.162)

Zope is running on port 8080, and I have never problems to open the page
through a web browser on http://192.168.57.13:8080

Connecting with Adobe GoLive works (I can edit the files) but it gives the
following message:
http://192.168.57.13:9801 returned errors on OPTION-request.
Server: Medusa/1.30
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:11:36 GMT
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
[Error Code: 404]

cadaver does not connect (error message: Malformed header line).

Connecting to http://192.168.57.13:80 works like a charm though.

I have now freshly installed Zope 2.6.2 (binary release) on my local
windows box,
using cadaver to open localhost:9800 works without problems.

I will now setup Zope on another OpenBSD box and see how it works
after a fresh installation.

Best,

Barbara