[Zope] Re: ZCatalog enhancement wishes

Sam Brauer sam at webslingerz.com
Wed Jan 28 08:48:21 EST 2004

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2004 8:50 Uhr +0100 Tino Wildenhain
> <tino at wildenhain.de> wrote:
>

>>> Yep, that's another big one that I'd like too...
>>

>> *wrapping a nice sequence.sort() into gift paper and handing it to
>> ChrisW* ;D
>>

> I am pretty sure chrisw wants that ZCatalog can query multiple indexes
> and e.g. sort
> the result by the scores from ZCTextIndex or TextIndexNG instance.
>
> -aj

Just to clarify what I was asking for...
I would like to be able to specify a secondary (and maybe even a
tertiary) index for sorting results.  For example, I may want to do a
primary sort on 'review_state' with a secondary sort on 'modified' (in
descending order).  Currently, this isn't possible; you can only specify
a single index for sorting.

- Sam