[Zope] Revisionmanager Bugs for Win!?

Sebastian Krollmann sebastian.krollmann at gmx.net
Wed Jan 28 14:25:44 EST 2004

Hi Phillip,

trying to get RevisionManager 1.3.2 running on my Zope2.7/WinXP(ActivePython
2.3.2) I get some problems:

1. the "/tmp/RevisionManager-" + module.filename path cannot be created with
os.mkdir(import_dir) on Windows as its a dir/subdir
in importModule

I think the easiest solution is just make one dir out of the two. The
following change works on my machine. (or maybe use os.makedirs())

-- snip
        #import_dir = "/tmp/RevisionManager-" + module.filename
        import_dir = os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME, 'Temp_RevisionManager-%s' %
module.filename)  #my patch
        os.mkdir(import_dir)
-- snip

2. I got some problems with missing bobobase_modification_time attribute in
writeToFS for some object instances:

So I did the following quick-hack without a deep look in writeToFS, which
worked for me:

-- snip
            obj_last_modified = 0.0
            if hasattr(obj, 'bobobase_modification_time'):
                obj_last_modified =
float(obj.bobobase_modification_time().timeTime())
-- snip

3. I get conflicts with the following method in another Product:
FileSystemSite.FSPythonScript.FSPythonScript.document_src()
in _get_source:

        if hasattr(obj, 'document_src'):
            result = mapply(obj.document_src, keyword=kw)

I guess its a nameconflict, but I didn't have the time to look to it much
closer.

The following error message is thrown:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: _source
Error error_tb:

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module Products.RevisionManager.RevisionManager, line 1476, in
rm_import
    * Module Products.RevisionManager.RevisionManager, line 685, in
importModule
    * Module Products.RevisionManager.RevisionManager, line 1190, in
writeToFS
    * Module Products.RevisionManager.RevisionManager, line 246, in
_get_source
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 89, in mapply
    * Module Products.FileSystemSite.FSPythonScript, line 152, in
document_src

AttributeError: _source

It seems that RevisionManager could help for the cvs-problem of Zope's ZODB
objects.
So if I could use it in my environment it would be great.

Anyway thanks for your effords.

Sebastian Krollmann