[Zope] ImportError: No module named cPersistence

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Thu Jan 29 09:56:16 EST 2004

Hi Michael,

Michael Long schrieb:
>>Hi Michael,
>>
>>Michael Long schrieb:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>In the following environment I get this traceback. What does anyone have any
>>>suggestions on what is wrong.
>>>
>>>zope 2.7.0-rc1
>>>MySQL-python-0.9.3b1
>>>ZMySQLDA-2.0.8
>>>MySQL-Max-5.0.0-0
>>>

>>>edev:/opt/zopeInstance/bin # ./runzope
>>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>>ImportError: No module named cPersistence
>>

>>You need to read the README and at least a little
>>of the docs. Apparently you just unpacked the
>>source code and tried to start it right away.
>

> Tino,
>
> I had this instance of zope 2.7 running. I then shut it down and installed
> MySQL-python-0.9.3b1 and ZMySQLDA-2.0.8. It was at this point that I get the error.
> The reason I used runzope instead of zopectl was to have the traceback dumped to
> the console. I do not understand the use of zopectl enough yet to debug with it :(
> The bottom line is that I want to connect to MySQL 5.0 and the only option I have
> found so far is ZMySQLDA.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Mike

Ah. uhm.. sorry. This traceback can only occur when cPersistence.so
wasnt compiled yet, has been deleted, is for the wrong python version
or is otherwise unavailable.
It is usually generated thru installation/compilation.

I'd check paths for INSTANCE_HOME, SOFTWARE_HOME etc;
which python version is used (and if its different to
the version you installed with)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain