[Zope] shared_products -- where?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Jan 30 12:48:20 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:08:09PM +0100, Tobias Herp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After reading http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/instancehome, I just
> transformed my standard Zope 2.6.2 installation (on RedHat 7)
> into a INSTANCE_HOME version, like this (view in fixed width font):
(snip)
> This works fine, with one exception:  I didn't manage yet to get Zope
> recognise the products in the shared_products folder.  I tried a lot of
> variants of case and softlink location, but without success, and I
> couldn't find anything in the web.  How exactly is this supposed to
> work?  Are there any special __init__.py files needed anywhere?

You need to add shared_products to the PRODUCTS_PATH environment
variable. (This changes to a setting in the config file for zope 2.7,
I don't know exactly what.)

Note that most products work fine in any location on $PRODUCTS_PATH,
with one exception: CMF and related products (like Plone).
There seems to be a bug (reported) in FSDirectoryView which
makes it work only in $INSTANCE_HOME/Products or
$SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com