[Zope] confused on permissions and roles

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 1 09:15:04 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Roché" == Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> writes:
    Roché> Yes, all classes subclassing RoleManager has a
    Roché> manage_permission method that can be used to change
    Roché> permissions. You could for instance put the following in
    Roché> manage_afterAdd of your class to give only Manager and
    Roché> Administrator the 'View' permission and prevent this
    Roché> permission from being acquired:

Well, that is the most helpful thing I have learned in days, and not
just for this problem!  I have been suffering from the fact that self
in the __init__ function has not been wrapped by the acquisition
wrapper, and have used all kinds of hacks in my code to deal with
this.  manage_afterAdd fixes them all.

Thanks for your help,
John Hunter