[Zope] .%252e Strangeness

Joseph jghobrial at uh.edu
Fri Jul 2 12:27:06 EDT 2004

Hello, I have searched around and have found no answer.

If I request this url with my browser:
http://zope website/.%252e/.%252e/.%252e/testing
from my website I get this page back:

Zope Quick Start
Welcome to Zope, a high-performance object-oriented platform for building
dynamic Web applications. Here are some quick pointers to get you started:
     *
       Read The Fine Manual. This document guides you through the whole
process of learning Zope, from logging in for the first time to creating
your own web applications.
     *
       There is a built-in interactive Zope Tutorial which gets you started
with some simple tasks using the Zope managment interface. To use the
tutorial, go to any Folder and select Zope Tutorial from the add list and
click the Add button. Provide a name for the tutorial and click Add to
begin working with the tutorial.
     *
       Check out the new example Zope applications. These examples show you
simple working Zope applications that you can copy and modify.
     *
       Go to the main Documentation Overview on Zope.org. Here you will
find pointers to official and community contributed documentation.
     *
       Look at the various Mailing Lists about Zope. The Mailing Lists are
where you can get quick, accurate, friendly help from a large community of
Zope users from around the world.
     *
       Browse and search the integrated, Online Help System which contains
documentation on the various kinds of components you'll find in Zope.
     *
       Go directly to the Zope Management Interface if you'd like to start
working with Zope right away. NOTE: Some versions of Microsoft Internet
Explorer, (specifically IE 5.01 and early versions of IE 5.5) may have
problems displaying Zope management pages. If you cannot view the
management pages, try upgrading your IE installation to the latest release
version, or use a different browser.
     *
       Find out about Zope Corporation, the publishers of Zope.

And some of the urls look like this within the page:
http://testing:8080/Examples

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
I have looked around and found something related to JWalk, but the
discussions were windows only and I am using an Apache server in linux not
IIS in Windows.

Thanks,
Joseph