[Zope] Production Advice

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Sat Jul 3 13:19:56 EDT 2004

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

Jerome R. Westrick wrote:
> And does the Zope Sources provide the rczope alais /etc/init.d/zope
> scripts for him, to start/stop the zope components?
yes it does. However a  bit different. with the command mkzopeinstance
you can construct zope instance within seconds. each one with its own
controllscript. They are meant to be added to init.d.
This is only nearly  as easy to use as the rc machinery but it is much
more flexible. With standard SuSE Zope it is quiet an undertaking to
have a second zope running on a different port. With a custom install it
is very easy.

Robert