[Zope] File Upload/REQUEST Issue Continued

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Sun Jul 4 14:21:43 EDT 2004

The applet is called JUpload, available at http://www.JUpload.biz.

It emulates a HTTP File Upload exactly, it doesn't have any special
server-side code.  It uses the HTTP Authentication of your web server.
In the <embed> tag there are parameters that you pass by the pages HTML,
one of them is to continue a session id, so your webserver which sees
the applet as a different web client than the browser wants to
authenticate.  You can pass the session identifier to the Applet for
inclusion in the Applets Upload.   I've seen the REQUEST.SESSION object
in displaying REQUEST.  It's a compound object, with several strings....
since Zope manages this usually, I don't know what to pass to the
applet.  The applet seems to need a simple string.

Right now, for testing, I've given the applet target a Proxy Role to
make it work... obviously this isn't the way to go permanently.

-Jon