[Zope] Production Advice

Jerome R. Westrick jerry at Westrick.com
Sun Jul 4 20:07:04 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 19:19, robert rottermann wrote:
> Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

Nope Problem you where rushing to save someone for what you thought
(think) was bad advice...

Your unselfishness (how's that for a word?) is noted and you are
respecred for your efforts...

(Are we being polite enough?)

> Jerome R. Westrick wrote:
> > And does the Zope Sources provide the rczope alais /etc/init.d/zope
> > scripts for him, to start/stop the zope components?
> yes it does. However a  bit different. with the command mkzopeinstance
> you can construct zope instance within seconds. each one with its own
> controllscript. They are meant to be added to init.d.
> This is only nearly  as easy to use as the rc machinery but it is much
> more flexible. With standard SuSE Zope it is quiet an undertaking to
> have a second zope running on a different port. With a custom install it
> is very easy.

I've never needed 2 zope on one machine, but then I've only got an 2
itsy bitsy applications in production.

Jerry