[Zope] Replacement UserFolder

Jim Gallacher jgallacher at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 6 12:19:38 EDT 2004

Roy S. Rapoport wrote:
> I need to replace acl_users for a given folder (thankfully not the root)
> with something that will read from a database AND do cookie-based
> authentication (so HTML login screen, rather than basic auth).  SimpleUserFolder,
> which was a snap to set up, doesn't seem to do the latter.
> PluggableUserFolder 2.4.1 seemed to not like Zope 2.7.  A previous
> workplace used GenericUserFolder, but it's rather obsolete.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> -roy

Hi Roy,

PluggableUserFolder works fine for me with Zope 2.7.

I'm developing a sql_authentication plugin for PluggableUserFolder and
am happy with the results so far. It also works seamlessly with
CookieCrumbler (Standalone). I'm not ready to release the plugin into
the wild just yet, but I can email you my current code if you want to
take a look.

Jim