[Zope] Any working experiences in using compression (for storage)?

John Lenton jlenton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:47:35 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:40:08 -0500, Ausum Studio
<ausum_studio at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Now I get it. As I said, I need to compress data to fit in a CD catalog, so
> unless one of other available storages also compress its data internally,
> there's no point in performing the switch.

oh! I thought you had a CD catalog, and wanted to put it in the db,
and were hitting some limit somewhere else :)

sorry for the confusion

maybe one of the compressed readonly filesystems (e.g., cramfs) will help you?

--
John Lenton (jlenton at gmail.com) -- Random fortune:
bash: fortune: command not found