[Zope] Dumping Zope (CMF) site to file system

David Chandek-Stark dc at duke.edu
Wed Jul 7 16:14:46 EDT 2004

I want to set up a process for dumping my Zope CMF site to the
filesystem, to be served by Apache. I'm interested in anyone who's doing
this - what tools are you using. I'm trying Wget, but the main problem
is dealing with absolute URLs. I can use the Wget --convert-links
option, which removes the href attribute from the <base> tag and makes
internal links relative. However, I still have a problem with folders.
The absolute_url() method does not return a trailing slash for folders.
Wget downloads the URL folder_name as a file called folder_name, but it
downloads folder_name/ as folder_name/index.html. I have already written
a relativeURL() script based on portal_url.getRelativeUrl(), but it
doesn't return a trailing slash either, so I'll have to add one.

Thanks,
David

--
David Chandek-Stark