[Zope] [ZODB-Dev] Re: VersionLockError

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Jul 12 10:04:12 EDT 2004

> Hello Florent ,
>
> i have the same problem (versionlockerror) you had before can you pls tell
> me the
> suggestion from Chris Kratz that you used to resolve this issue.
>
> I am sorry for this email, but i am desperate to get this done.

The suggestion I received from Chris Kratz was:

  We have run into this several times and if you search the mailing list
  I think you will find that others have as well. Something that has
  worked for us is to re-enter the version, re-save the object (to mark
  as modified), then commit the version. Sometimes, you have to change
  the object in a minor way to mark it as dirty (add a line, space,
  etc). Then exit the version and see if the object is still locked.
  Generally, this has freed the object up again.

  There appears to be a bug in zope (and has been for awhile) where
  objects get lost from a version even though the object itself knows it
  has been modified.

Also Jeremy Hylton wrote:

  I believe this problem is fixed in CVS, both the Zope trunk and the
  Zope-2_6-branch. If you can update to the branch, then try to abort or
  commit the version, it should work.

But I'm afraid I don't remember the specifics of that problem we had.

(BTW wrote an incorrect email address for me, I just read this on the list.)

Florent

+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com