[Zope] Limit public viewable access to a internet ready Zope/Plone /VHM Site

Chuck Amadi chuck at smtl.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 08:05:20 EDT 2004

Hi All at Zope/Plone Mailing list.

I have installed Zope.2.7.0 , Plone 2 ,VHM ,CMF 1.4 and Apache 2 on our
new web server to be deployed on Linux o/s flavour - SuSE 8.2 Enterprise
Server.

Currently deployed is Zope 2.6.2 ,Plone RC2,VHM, CMF 1.4 and Apache 1.3.

Anyway I have got my Zope/Plone Site up on the New Server but my problem
is I need to deploy on the old and new web server a Plone Site in
development that must only be accessable and viewable using the issuing
user and  password dteails only.

I have done this similiar before for my previous employer for external
content authoring for zope manager's but this time the Plone site in
particular shouldn't be viewable to the public only a few editors and
myself while we work on the Plone site but I need external contributors
to make additions to the Plone site but not viewable to the general
public.

Is at all possible for both versions to allow this if So please could
someone point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Chuck

--
Chuck Amadi, Systems Administrator, |  http://www.smtl.co.uk/