[Zope] Re: TAL Hotfix 2004-07-13 for Zope 2.7.0, 2.7.1

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Wed Jul 14 10:35:17 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 05:10 am, Josef Meile wrote:
 > Yup, same here. I'm running Zope 2.7.1 + Hotfix_20040713 under gentoo
 > linux kernel 2.4.22. I have a product which uses some macros and with
 > the patch doesn't work. Removing it everything works perfectly.

Sigh.  Even though things work for you in RC1, I'd like to create a hotfix
that works for everyone.

Michael Ekstrand has sent me a pair of sample pages that should demonstrate
the problem, but I've either not succeeded in reproducing the error, or I've
not recognized what's gone wrong.  There's nothing on stdout/stderr, and
nothing in the error log (using 2.7.1 plus the hotfix results in the same
thing as using 2.7.1 alone).

 > I don't know what "version '1.4'" means, I'm not defining such thing.

This might be the best clue so far, actually.  This hints that the template
containing the macros was "compiled" before the hotfix was loaded, but is
being rendered after.  (The "version" here is the version of the bytecode
language used; the hotfix updates the implementation from version 1.4 to
version 1.5.)

I'll continue to look into this.

  -Fred

--