[Zope] [ANN] Zope 2.7.2 RC1 released

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Jul 14 13:57:49 EDT 2004

--On Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 13:46 Uhr -0400 Fred Drake <fred at zope.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 July 2004 01:09 pm, Andreas Jung wrote:
>  > Do we really want to enforce people to upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4?
> :-)   > If yes, why?
>
> As long as both are accepted, we're not forcing anyone to change versions.
>
> Advising anyone to step backward from a more stable version is a bad
> move.   I'd rather see 2.3.3 go from being optimum for 2.7.1 to merely
> acceptable  than to see the bugfix release (Python 2.3.4) be considered
> the second  choice.
>
> As with any upgrade, careful testing is needed.  If the amount of testing
> needed is a concern (reasonable since it takes time), upgrade Python and
> Zope  in lockstep.

My point is that Python 2.3.3 is running fine and has no major bug. The
detected
behaviour is also documented (maybe somewhat hidden) in the information view
of the product release. The real solution would be to fix the configure
script to allow
multiple optimal Python versions...any volunteers? :-)

-aj