[Zope] Doing zope administration from remote computer

Eugene el-spam at yandex.ru
Fri Jul 16 04:47:04 EDT 2004

Sony Adi Susanto wrote:

>Dear friends
>
> I am a newbie in networking and developing webserver. I have already
>succesfull to installed zope from source in my linux mandrake  9. But I don't
>know how to do administrative work from other computer, doing remote.  My
>host is http://localhost:8080/ but after I type that host in other computer,
>it cannot be done except from my own computer which is installed the zope.
>How do I do remote administrative work anyway?
>
>Thank you very much for the help
>
>Regards
>Sony Adi Susanto
>Jakarta-Indonesia

"localhost" is name of THIS computer
You should type name or IP-adress of  that computer. (Ask your admin for
detailes)
for example http://alex:8080/

Next problem - Zope may be configured to work only with this computer,
in this case you cannot access from another host.
Look at file "zope.conf".

Cheers, Eugene.