[Zope] Doing zope administration from remote computer

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 04:59:10 EDT 2004

Hi Sony,

Sony Adi Susanto wrote:
>  I am a newbie in networking and developing webserver. I have already
> succesfull to installed zope from source in my linux mandrake  9. But I don't
> know how to do administrative work from other computer, doing remote.  My
> host is http://localhost:8080/ but after I type that host in other computer,
> it cannot be done except from my own computer which is installed the zope.
> How do I do remote administrative work anyway?
>
> Thank you very much for the help

"Localhost" will be configured to address your local machine (e.g.
127.0.0.1), so you need to know the "public" address (or IP) of your
machine so that you can call: -

	http://yourmachine:8080/

...or (if you know the IP): -

	http://192.168.0.2:8080

HTH

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer