[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 breaks Plone 2.0.3 login_form

Passin, Tom tpassin at mitretek.org
Fri Jul 23 15:15:50 EDT 2004

> Fred Drake

> And still another is to split your string literals where they look
> like markup, because even CDATA marked sections aren't meant to
> protect you from everything.  Try changing the line with the </a> to
>
> href="enabling_cookies">How to enable cookies<' + '/a>.<' + '/div>');
>
> and the problem should go away.

It's probably not quite that CDATA sections "aren't meant to protect you
from everything."  They _are_, at least in xml (where everything means
"<" and "&").  Chances are that the browser here is getting an HTML
file, or at least thinks it is, and HTML does not really know about
CDATA sections.

I also have sometimes had to break up my string literals to prevent this
kind of problem (not with Plone, but in other applications).  It's
probably better to build the string outside of the document.write(),
too.

Cheers,

Tom P