[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 breaks Plone 2.0.3 login_form

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 16:59:57 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:09:02 -0400, Passin, Tom <tpassin at mitretek.org> wrote:
> Don't want to harp on this but the XML Rec does not agree with the
> notion of "delimiter in context".  A CDATA section exists specifically
> to say "This may look like markup but it isn't".  The XML 1.0 Rec says

That's why we like XML better than SGML.  ;-)  This problem isn't the
XML parser; that ones doing fine (it's Expat ;).  The input is being
treated as HTML intentionally (because that's what the content type
is).

> I'd say that is pretty definitive, wouldn't you?  If there is some folk
> "knowledge" about CDATA sections built into the parser that thinks
> otherwise, I'd say the parser is non-conformant about CDATA sections
> (hmm, I almost wrote that "C-sections"!).

For XML, yes.  We have SGML (using HTML).

Perhaps there's something in the SGML Handbook or the ISO spec., but
those are outside my price range the last time I checked.

> Anyway, as I said I have seen this problem myself, and it occurred
> entirely within the browser (without any CDATA sections) - no server

You got an exception from the Python HTMLParser module from a browser?
 That's pretty interesting!

  -Fred