[Zope] MySQL and form processing

Les Ferguson lhf at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jul 25 04:07:34 EDT 2004

I have read thru the zope book and various how-to's and examples, but
really need a solid peice of sample code to kick me off here;  what is
the best way to handle ZPT based forms, for updating and searching in a
MySQL database etc.

For example, I want a customer search form, taking one or more search
criteria, then when submitted I want to build an SQL query to find all
rows with ANY of the requested fields, using a LIKE match.  I seem to
need to intercept the values posted from the form and wrap '%' around
the search values, so the LIKE compare will do substring searches.

Has anybody found good examples using ZPT ?  Most of the documentation I
have found have a combination of DTML examples and statements about why
we should use ZPT instead.

--
Les Ferguson
Software developer