[Zope] Re: Webdav and mimetypes

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Mon Jul 26 15:02:52 EDT 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 13:25, Casey Duncan wrote:

> How would the client know what mime type to use?

Are you referring to the situation in which the webdav client is writing to
an object that doesn't already exist?  If so, then I have no good answer.
For the moment, I'm more interested in being able to open an already
existing object and have a reasonably clueful editor automatically apply
the appropriate syntax highlighting, indention rules, etc.

Right now, whether using Emacs via FTP or Kate via webdav, I have to open
each individual file and then tell the editor to load the appropriate
editing mode.  I would be quite happy to not have to do that anymore.

How does Zope currently decide which mimetype to send when a client requests
a file via webdav?
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies