[Zope] Plone/Zope?: KeyError when creating MyArticle and SimpleBlog

jvano74 at yahoo.com jvano74 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 23:36:10 EDT 2004

Greetings folks,

I'm new to zope/plone so apologies if this has a simple fix, but
I've run into a problem that is still leaving me vexed even after
large amounts of searching google.

I recently installed SimplgBlog on my Plone Site and was having
troubles getting it to work.  When ever I'd create a new blog entry
I'd get an error (see below). But then if I viewed the folder content
the doc for this new entry was there and I could edit it no problem.

Getting the blog working wasn't too high of a priority so I just left
things in that state but then later, I was messing around and trying
to learn more about how to develop in plone, particularly how to use
Archetypes, and was working through the article

http://www.zopemag.com/Issue006/Section_Articles/article_IntroToArchteypes.html

I got this mostly working, but when I create an instance of this new
"article" doc type I get the exact same behavior (even the same error
message) as the one which occuring with SimpleBlog.

So it seems my problem lies somewhere with the Archtype stuff, but I
haven't been able to glean anything useful from the error message and/or
searching google, so if anyone can give me an idea of how to go about
fixing this or just learning more I would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

John Vano

--
Got any math news, job search stories, or just seen some neat
math out on the web?  Visit http://concerns.youngmath.net

Here is the error:

Site Error

KeyError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):
Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 51, in new_publish
Module Zope.App.startup, line 202, in zpublisher_exception_hook
Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPageTemplate, line 81, in __call__
Module Products.CMFFormController.BaseControllerPageTemplate, line 42, in _call
Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 191, in _exec
Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 124, in pt_render
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 95, in pt_render
<FSControllerPageTemplate at /PlonePortal/base_edit used for /PlonePortal/Members/JohnVano/article.2004-07-29.5298829015>
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 200, in __call__
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 703, in do_useMacro
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 734, in do_defineSlot
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 682, in do_defineMacro
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 726, in do_defineSlot
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 682, in do_defineMacro
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 703, in do_useMacro
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 635, in do_loop_tal
Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 70, in next
Module ZTUtils.Iterator, line 47, in next
Module ZTUtils.Iterator, line 145, in prep_next
KeyError: 0 (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)

Troubleshooting Suggestions
The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.