[Zope] Newbie question: can the ZODB be moved? On a different Server or HDD?

Shane McCombs MSM at rbsc.net
Wed Jun 2 09:32:31 EDT 2004

Hey Chris
Why WinDoze? My boss is a MS Fanatic? :-( I can only work with what I am
given. I am lucky to be trying an Open Source product!

I have looked at LocalFS... that was my first thought.
Unfortunately even though I have a few years at application programming,
Python and the Concepts of Web Programming are completely new to me. I
am finding myself in an awkward position.

After reading everything I could get my hands on I simply could not
figure out how to get going with it. It appears to me that most of the
info on the net assumes a more basic level of knowledge than I possess
at the moment.

The LocalFS would be perfect for our needs.

No. There were no error msg. Zope would not start. I thought it might
have something to do with the line that said something about "at least
one DB must be mounted at / for zope to start".

Thanks for your Help - Shane

Shane McCombs
Innovation Developer
Raymond Building Supply Corp.