[Zope] problem with RSS

Passin, Tom tpassin at mitretek.org
Wed Jun 2 10:59:00 EDT 2004

From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf Of
HERITIER Damien

> I use zope 2.7 and plone 2.0 And I can't read the rss file
I tested different product : RSSChannel, ZExternal, RSSSummary.
And all the time I have the same error :
IOError  [Errno socket error] (10061, 'Connection refused')

>I think, python use a port to real this rss, and my firewall block it.
So do you know which one ?

I have had this happen to me - access to the rss file required a login
and the rss reader was unable to cope with it.  Now just *why* it
required a login when I had set all the permissions I could find to
"anonymous" and the state to "published" I never figured out.  An
apparently identical setup on another machine did not have this problem.

So a mystery remains ...

Cheers,

Tom P