[Zope] problem with RSS

Passin, Tom tpassin at mitretek.org
Thu Jun 3 11:59:24 EDT 2004

> From: HERITIER Damien [mailto:HERITIDA at london.cic.fr]
>
> so, what can I do to find the problem.
>
> Can I create a python script to find it.
>
> Because I know that it's can be :
> - a port problem, (but I think the RSS file use the 80)
> - a firewall problem
> - a router problem (I suppose that the network administrator
> have upgrade correctly all the router)
> - something else.
>
> I am completely lost in this problem. But I am positive ;-)

Get the desired rss page to display in a browser.  Copy the url from the
address bar and paste it into your rss reader (or the reader's code if
that is how you are trying to get the page).

However, I have seen at least one reader that did not store the port
when it saved the url of an rss feed.  That was frustrating because the
feed would initially work, but later would fail.  So this would be
something to check on as well.  You could check this by moving your
server to port 80, if nothing else is already using the port.

Cheers,

Tom P