[Zope] Zope 3 Experiences - UI

Samir Mishra SamirMishra at cbuae.gov.ae
Tue Jun 8 00:35:43 EDT 2004

I don't expect many users have tried Zope 3 yet, but I'm hoping for some
feedback from the not-so-technical user groups who have.

First off, I find Zope3 totally different from Zope2.x. For example, the
task of creating a new user was trivial in Zope2, and it took me a few
seconds to figure out what was needed to accomplish this without reading the
manual. Power of the UI. I find the same task overly convoluted in Zope3. I
know the product is in testing, but my question is - is the user interface
going to get better? If not, the learning curve for new users is suddenly
much steeper.

Perhaps I need to read more before I try things in Zope3. But, for someone
like me who has now been using Zope2 for the past 15 months, it then feels
like starting over. And I'd call that a steep learning curve.

Comments?

Samir