[Zope] Re: Performance issues - excessive object loads

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Tue Jun 8 10:00:26 EDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:33:52 -0400
"Gerry Kirk" <gerry at faithonline.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to improve performance of my Plone 2 site. I read in the
> plone docs that under normal circumstances, there shouldn't be more
> than 1000 object loads per hour. Looking at my activity this morning,
> I have over 10000 object loads in the past hour, on a site that isn't
> very active. Looking at the undo log, there are about 10 or so entries
> for this morning.
>
> My cache setting is 2000 objects, and one cache connection has 2000
> and the other about 1000. So, increasing cache size doesn't seem to be
> the answer.

Generally increasing the cache size is the most effective way to reduce
loads. Try increasing the cache to say 15000 (assuming you have enough
RAM on the server) and see how that affects the load rate. 2000 is a
relatively low setting, but that really depends on the size of the ZODB.
How many objects are in your ZODB? Are you using ZEO? (I assume not)

-Casey