[Zope] Zope on 64 bit

Niranjan Patel niranjan at altair.com
Wed Jun 9 14:56:45 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I tried to compile Zope 2.7 on fedora Core 2 running on AMD 64 bit with
python 2.3.3

On starting the server I get segmentation fault.

As an attempt I tried to install python 2.1.3 from source with -prefix and
-with-threads

Then installed Zope 2.6.4rc4 from source and compiled using this python

On start I get zdeamon process xxxx terminated by signal SIGSEGV and go in
an infinite loop.

I would really like to know if anyone has ever got zope compiled on a 64 bit
machine if so which os (Fedora Core 1, 2 or other)

Please reply atleast to say whether anyone is running on 64 bit.

I was able to get the binary release for zope 2.6.4linux2_x86 running but
than I get error when I try to compile other packages like Mysql-python.

Thanks

Niranjan