[Zope] Re: Zope Book: WYSIWYG Tools for Page Templates?

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Jun 9 17:41:30 EDT 2004

Hi!

Passin, Tom wrote:
>> AFAICT at least the current Mozilla Composer 1.7 / Nvu 0.20 and Amaya
>> 8.5 in WYSIWYG mode remove TAL and METAL attributes.
>
> Hmm, I just tried it with my copy of Moz 1.7a, and the TAL attributes
> were left in place.  I copied the template to a separate file and saved
> that (to the files system), I haven't tried to save directly back to
> Zope.

Well. You are right that *some* TAL attributes are left in place. But it
seems to depend on the HTML element: At least in 'html', 'head' and
'title' the TAL attributes disappear. And elements like 'metal:block'
are moved around. Don't think that's acceptable.

> There is also the new NVU editor by the Lindows people.  It is open
> source,and is
> built using the Mozilla Composer code base.  It is still a beta, but
> looks pretty good, although I have not tried it for page templates so
> far.  It can use ftp to talk to your server.  I'd check it out, see if
> it works OK with Zope.

Did that already (see above). But the problems are the same as with
Composer.

Cheers,
	Yuppie