[Zope] Re: External http access.

Ben Last (Zope) zope at benlast.com
Thu Jun 10 04:31:23 EDT 2004

> From Michael Haubenwallner
> firstly: try it with a script as mediator...
I know that works; this is not a problem.  I'm more interested in the
general case of how one calls Zope methods via rpc, or even via http.  I can
achieve what I need to (and have done) by using the manage_ methods that are
invoked by ZMI, but that's really pretty ugly, since one has to parse the
HTML response to determine success or failure.

If I have to add wrappers for every method I want to call, I end up doing a
lot of Zope programming just to make it easy for me to drive it via http or
xmlrpc calls, and I'd hoped to avoid that by using Zope.  I mean, even an
ASP or PHP website can have specific scripts added to manage it... :)

regards
ben