[Zope] Zope behind non-Apache webservers

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jun 13 06:47:44 EDT 2004

Tiller, Michael \(M.M.\) wrote at 2004-6-11 15:58 -0400:
>As for running behind all web servers, I think you way oversimplify the
>situation.  First, Zope 2.7.x stopped support for PCGI so you can't
>fallback on that.  Second, I run two sites behind two somewhat exotic
>web servers (Roxen and iPlanet) and neither was easy to setup and I'm
>not happy with the current configurations.  Getting information on
>specific details of interfacing Zope to these servers has been difficult
>and the integration was far from seamless.
>
>I don't have anything useful for the original poster but I can certainly
>empathize with his situation and I would not discount the importance of
>getting the kind of information he is seeking.

The problem here is not Zope but the Web Server features:

  As soon as the Web Server supports some kind of proxying,
  you can use it together with Zope (and VHM).

  Same is true, if it supports "FastCGI".

While "pCGI" is not longer part of the official Zope release
(as it is rarely used), you can still fetch it separately
from CVS and use it -- in case the Web server does not support
more efficient ways of integration.

--
Dieter