[Zope] Zope, Squid and manage_workspace

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jun 14 14:14:19 EDT 2004

Robb Shecter wrote at 2004-6-13 17:14 -0400:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>>
>> Zope usually listens on a port different from 80 (as this is
>> protected and requires a process running as root).
>> Therefore, the URLs it creates contain its port and not that
>> of Squid.
>>

>Which makes me wonder; why does Zope do this in the first place?  Why isn't
>its default behavior to only create relative URLs that won't have the
>hostname and port in them?

Because it follows the official specifications:

  Base tags and the "location" in redirects must be
  absolute URLs.

All browsers I met so far do not insist on this -- but
a browser could do it.

>... URI in "base" tag ...

>From the HTML 4.01 specification:

:  This attribute specifies an absolute URI that acts as the base
:  URI for resolving relative URIs.

--
Dieter