[Zope] Re: No Longer Receiving Zope Mail

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Wed Jun 23 09:39:42 EDT 2004

>Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de wrote:
>Mon Jun 21 13:07:42 EDT 2004
>
>Since a few days, I no longer receive posts from Zope's mailing lists.
>
>I expect this to be an interaction between some misconfiguration
>of the mail server responsible for Zope's mailing lists
>and a very effective spam filter of my ISP.
>
>This spam filter refuses to accept messages that are not
>MIME compliant (e.g. do not have a valid "Message-Id" header)
>or come from unknown mail servers (mail servers without or with apparently
>forged DNS entries).
>
>I would really be sad when I could no longer participate in
>Zope discussions because of this problem.

I too have not been receiving zope emails (since about June 18/19).  I
checked my ISPs spam block (they keep a list of blocked emails for 7 days)
and no zope emails appear in the blocked list.

What else could be causing this problem?

I would really hate to see the loss of Dieter, and perhaps others who we
haven't heard from yet, who make a valuable contribution to this list.

Jonathan
Hope that Zope's mail servers will soon stop again to look like spammer
tools.

--
Dieter