[Zope] Excluded from Zope mailing lists

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Jun 24 11:16:54 EDT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 1:07 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Since a few days, I no longer receive posts from Zope's mailing lists.
>
> I expect this to be an interaction between some misconfiguration
> of the mail server responsible for Zope's mailing lists
> and a very effective spam filter of my ISP.
>
> This spam filter refuses to accept messages that are not
> MIME compliant (e.g. do not have a valid "Message-Id" header)
> or come from unknown mail servers (mail servers without or with
> apparently
> forged DNS entries).
>
> I would really be sad when I could no longer participate in
> Zope discussions because of this problem.

I don't think that's what happened.

The previous machine, mail.python.org, has been majorly hosed for a
while and it kept getting worse and worse. All lists had outages, this
was not limited to you. Now all zope.org lists have been moved onto a
new machine with a clean setup and Andrew fixed some of the web
interface weirdness yesterday. It will be a few days before all
backed-up mail is sent out from the old machine (the mail spool was not
moved) so we'll all get some "old" mail until that queue is flushed,
along with current mail going through the new box (mail.zope.org).

jens