[Zope] Calling ReST from DTML

John Maxwell jmax at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 25 13:22:48 EDT 2004

Pardon if this is an old q... the search engine claims to have never
heard of restructured text.

I have a restructured-text document (in Zope 2.7). It renders
perfectly. I want to embed it in a DTML page, so I call it like so:

   <dtml-var restcontent ftm="restructured-text">

Works great, and it renders fine. BUT: where the ReST renderer converts
literal straight quotes " to &quot entities, when I bring it in via
DTML, the entity gets converted again, so I see &quot literally on my
page.

There must be some way of preventing this, short of re-writing the
renderer. Anybody have any experience with this? My complaint isn't
with ReST, but with how DTML filtes ReST.

  - John Maxwell
    jmax at sfu.ca