[Zope] problem with uploading through WebDAV

Mark Meredith mmeredith at pa.aacisd.com
Fri Jun 25 13:59:36 EDT 2004

Hello, I've been a Zope user for awhile, but this is my first mailing
list posting.  Please let me know if there is a more appropriate forum
for my question.

We have an Product that subclasses ParsedXML and PortalFolder.  When
something is uploaded using WebDAV within an instance of the class, the
XML source of the document is supposed to be updated to reflect the
objects contents as a folder.

The problem we are having is that sometimes the upload takes place with
a no effect.  The log Z2.log file shows the WebDAV PUT request with an
HTTP Status code of 204, which ought to indicate success.  No exceptions
are in the error_log.

It seems as if the transaction is aborted somehow, as though there was a
ConflictError, but no ConflictError messages appear in Zope's console
output.

I am very puzzled; there are no exceptions in the error log but the
object is not being saved.  Is anyone familiar with a situation like
this?

Mark Meredith