[Zope] Zope & logrotate

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Mar 1 13:24:15 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 07:03:31PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> How I go about archiving Zope's log every day?
>
> Can I get logrotate to process the log file?

Sure you can, I do it every night with a cron job.

The only thing to be careful of is that you want a postrotate
script that tells zope to reopen the log file.
See doc/SIGNALS.txt to learn how to tell zope that,
and the logrotate man page to learn how about postrotate.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com