[Zope] Win32 Zope Instance

Gál László Gal.Laszlo at peto.hu
Thu Mar 4 02:18:40 EST 2004

> /instance -- this is my instance
> /zope -- this is a copy from an installed zope 2.7.0 with all the Problem is (in another way, but) solved! Here are the experiences:

I never be able to run zope directly from CD-rom, because
in iso9960 the max directory depth is restricted to 6.
(zope/lib/python/Products has some product like PluginIndexes,
that has deeper structure). mkisofs (was used from linux on a win instance, tried to move from native windows to vmware running on linux) trunclated them so I do had empty dirs :))
The another problem was the case sensitiveness. zip under
linux had messed up the file names on a vfat partition, while
zip under win has preserved it :)) But it can be solved with setting
PYTHONCASEOK to 0.

So, the solution:

1. I installed zope (2.7.0) to my computer, choosing to split server and instance
2. I put server (which was under C:\Program Files) and instance into one
directory
3. I corrected the paths (SOFTWARE_HOME, etc) in instance\bin\runzopes.bat and instance\etc\zope.conf. I also put '@set PYTHONCASEOK=0' to runzope.bat (just to make sure :))
4. I zipped zope instance (and server) with winzip,

5. Unzipping this to the same directory on another compöuter, it works!

So the cd-rom should contain this zip file and a script to unzip it (or
a self-extractor, wow :) )

I can make a howto on this if you are interested.

Lac