[Zope] Server Spontaneously Quitting

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 05:44:25 EST 2004

Murray Pearson wrote:

> What exactly is meant by the Bad Gateway error?

Apache tried to proxy a request but the other end didn't answer...

> In what way is Zope's response invalid?

Zope was not alive to reply.

> Is there some place I can look to get a more detailed traceback-type
> error report?

There isn't really much more to it, it's a glorious "connection refused" error.

> Some possible clues:
> [Thu Mar 04 13:30:50 2004] [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port
> 80, the first has precedence

...yeah, might want to get to the bottom of those.

#apache on irc.freenode.net is where I'd go...

FWIW, Zope dying isn't usually the result of an Apache or VHM misconfiguration.
I'd look at zope trying to write to a non existent stdout (ie: print statements
in Zope products you've installed) or BSD issues...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk