[Zope] Question about possible Data.fs corruption

Ira Sher ira at angel.net
Fri Mar 5 13:59:35 EST 2004

Chris,
FYI, the problem with the site seems to affect all of the tools that
affect a particular object--Book--and all attempts to add new book
objects or other objects related to book objects. Old objects can be
modified, but new ones either fail, or while appearing to succeed,
cause subsequent errors. An example of trying to add a new Book object
causes this error:
Traceback (innermost last):
   Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 127, in __call__
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 61, in render
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 195, in eval
    - __traceback_info__: Book
   Module AccessControl.Owned, line 123, in getWrappedOwner
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size

Apparently, the updating tools on the site simply broke at some point
four months ago (the previous site administrator doesn't have time to
deal with the site anymore, and can't think of anything that he might
have changed at that time). I assume these various different errors
have their source in a common problem or corruption.

Any ideas of how such a thing might work?
thanks again,
ira