[Zope] Acquisition from a DTML method in a subdirectory

Troy Farrell troy at entheossoft.com
Sun Mar 7 16:52:58 EST 2004

Try changing Adtml_doc to

   <dtml-var expr="B.Bdtml_method(_.None,_)">

If that solves the problem, a zopista greater than I can explain why.  If not,
all I can say is that I don't use DTML any more :(

Troy

Jim Anderson wrote:

> I'm running Zope 2.7.0 on a windows platform and
> I have a DTML method referenced in a subdirtory
> from a DTML document object. I want to run
> and external method from the DTML method, but
> Zpublisher is giving me an error message that
> the external method resource is causing
> a name error and the external method is not
> defined.
>
> My ZMI structure looks like this:
>
>  root
>      Adtml_doc
>      Aext_method
>        Bdtml_method
>
> Adtml_doc has the following code:
>
>    <dtml-var expr="B.Bdtml_method()">
>
> Bdtml_method has code that calls Aext_method
> in A:
>
>    Hi!
>    <dtml-var expr="Aext_method()">
>    Bye!
>

> If I run the 'view' tab for Bdtml_method, the method
> runs as expected and if I assume that the method returns
> 'Good', my output is:
>
>    Hi!
>    Good
>    Bye!
>
> If I run Adtml_doc, I then get the error
> message that Aext_method
> is not defined. If I place a copy of Aext_method
> in the B, and run Adtml_doc, I still
> get an error message.
>
> I was expecting that the Bdtml_method would find
> Aext_method by aquiring it from the A, but
> this does not seem to be the case.
>
> So it seems that calling a dtml method in a subdirectory
> does not acquire from the subdirectory or the current
> directory? Can anyone explain this?
>
> More importantly what is the proper way to call
> an external method from a dtml method being
> referenced in a subdirectory?
>

> Jim Anderson

And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it
together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Isaiah 40.5