[Zope] Posting to ZWiki using DTML?

S. D. sdownie at myway.com
Mon Mar 8 09:29:45 EST 2004

Since the ZWiki.Org site appears to be down, maybe someone here can help me.
I have a Plone 1.0.5 installation (Zope 2.6.1, Python 2.1.3 + email 2.5.4,
Win 2k) in which I've created a simple "registration" page that allows us to
collect a bit of info from our visitors before they download our software.
Currently, the download page sends an email to our developers whenever a
download takes place. But they want to see the download info in some more
database-like format. It occurred to me that the easy thing to do would be
to send the registration info to ZWiki. Then they could play with that
customer info in the convenient Wiki way.

My question is how can I post the output from my Zope DTML page to ZWiki via
Zope (bypassing external email servers)? Here is my current DTML
"registration" code:
-----
<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<!-- import the validation script -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://my.server.org/val.js">
</script>

<!-- validate the fields -->
<script type="text/javascript">
order_check = {

specifyinstitutionname:
{ verify: text, message: 'Please enter your institution name.' },

specifyusername:
{ verify: text, message: 'Please enter your name.' },

specifyuseremail:
{ verify: email, force: 1, message: 'Please enter a valid email address.' }

};
</script>

<h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
<h3>We want your feedback!</h3>

<!-- <form action="SendFeedback" method="post"> -->
<form onsubmit="return validate(this, order_check)" action="SendFeedback"
method="post">
Institution name:
<input type="text" name="institutionname" size="40">
Your name:
<input type="text" name="username" size="40">
Your e-mail address:
<input type="text" name="useremail" size="40">
<textarea name="comments" rows="10" cols="50">
Type your comments here.
</textarea>
  <input type="submit" value="Send Feedback">
</form>

<h4>Thank you!</h4>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
-----

On the ZWiki side, I've enabled Mail In (as described at
http://www.zwiki.org/WikiMail), but I don't know where to go from here.

I could dispense with the email output entirely if there was a simple way to
route this info through Zope.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Scott