[Zope] Quoting Text to valid HTML

Samir Mishra SamirMishra at cbuae.gov.ae
Tue Mar 9 02:24:38 EST 2004

Thanks all for all the responses. I kind of have what I was looking for, but
it's not a perfect fit.

Suggestions so far:

1. StripoGram - no good, this strips HTML tags, it doesn't fix invalid
characters in text to be included in HTML

2. uTidy - great product, unfortunately it doesn't expose all its internals,
so it's overkill, and doesn't work for snippets of HTML code

3. html_quote from Products.PythonScripts.standard- exactly what I want, but
this is taking me back full circle. What I'm looking for is html_quote
without having to install Zope. I could lift the code from the source for
html_quote to allow my product to be self-contained (users will not have
Zope) but this doesn't sit well with me. Also, as mentioned, it doesn't
"replace åäöé etc."

4. Use zope - see above.

Thanks for all the help.

Samir.