[Zope] zope products with associated folders

John Ziniti jziniti at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 9 17:12:20 EST 2004

Stephen Rudd BIOINF wrote:
> I have a slowly maturing Zope product that is now associated (thanks John) with
> a folder like object through OFS.ObjectManager. What would be the 'right' way to
> read text or DTML from a known object within the project's Zope folder into the
> product.

You're welcome.

The right way I would think is to let Acquisition handle the problem for
you.  If you have placed a DTMLMethod "bar" inside your ObjectManager
"foo", then browsing to "/foo/bar" should render the contents of the
"bar" DTMLMethod, or is this not what you wanted?

> I am working on a product that will perform some bioinformatics tricks with data
> in a database and would like users to be able to modify the templates for how
> data is displayed, and to allow for the intergration of project specific
> acknowlegement tags.

Sounds interesting.

> Please excuse me if this is a dumb question - I could really do with some
> pointers into more advanced Zope product writing - the Zope Bible has been
> assimilated, I need more info!

I find this list to be very valuable, especially comments from Dieter,
who usually comes through at about 5-8PM EST and answers a ton of
unanswered questions.

Apart from that, find a Product that does something similar to what
you want and see how they do and then copy them.

JZ