[Zope] problem calling a Python external method in a folder from a DTML method

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Mar 10 00:21:01 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 01:03:43AM -0500, Jim Anderson wrote:
> I'm working on a DTML method in which I want to
> call an external method in a folder, 'F'. F is a subdirectory
> of the directory in which the DTML resides. The method,
> 'M', is in an external module 'M.py', so the path from
> the current folder is 'F/M'.

Just to be sure you know this... that is a non-sequitur.
The fact that M is an External Method has nothing to
do with the path at which you can call it.

> My folder has a property,
> "Sample", with a value of "Sample Text". The method,
> M, returns a string value, "M method".

Given the remainder of your message, I am suspicious that
your method returns anything at all.

Did you test the "M" external method directly in the ZMI?
see the "Using External Methods" section of this chapter:
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ScriptingZope.stx ?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com